Nov 30, 2023
Award Granted Upon Completion: Associate in Arts
Credits/Contacts Required: 60/60
Major code: 01/107
CIP Code: 520201
The Associate in Arts in Business Administration degree is designed for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university and major in the business fields of Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Human Resources. Students should work closely with their academic advisor to select the appropriate courses needed for their intended transfer institution. All students completing this Associate in Arts program will meet the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) requirements listed in the catalog. ✪
Transfer Areas of Interest
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems
General Education Requirements (Min 30 Credits) *
Requirements (Min 30 Credits)
Suggested Sequences Per Semester
First Semester Total - Credit(s): 14-15 | Contacts: 14-15
Second Semester Total - Credit(s): 14-15 | Contacts: 15-17
Third Semester Total - Credit(s): 16 | Contacts: 16
- ACCT 102 - Accounting Principles II Credit(s): 4
- BUSN xxx - Approved BUSN Elective Credit(s): 3 | Contacts: 3 ###
- XXXX xxx - Natural Science Elective Credit(s): 4 | Contacts: 4 ***
- XXXX xxx - Humanities Elective Credit(s): 3 | Contacts: 3 #
- XXXX xxx - Approved Electives Credit(s): 2 | Contacts: 2 ##
Fourth Semester Total - Credit(s): 16 | Contacts: 16
✪ This degree requires fulfillment of the Michigan Transfer Agreement General Education requirements. All courses used to fulfill the MTA must have a grade of “C” or higher. A minimum of 30 general education (GE) credits must be taken. If the minimum number of credits from each GE category is taken, an additional course will be necessary from any of the five general education categories.
* It is the student’s best interest to review transfer guides which are available online at www.macrao.org for specific university and program requirements. Students should regularly consult with their four-year transfer university as well as their Bay College advisor prior to scheduling classes.
** Math courses in this program require specific placement scores or prerequisite courses. Students not meeting prerequisites for their required courses may need to take more time and more credits to fulfill degree requirements.
*** Students must choose two natural sciences from two different subject areas to meet the MTA requirement, and at least one must be a lab science course. See advisor for details.
# Students must choose courses in Social & Behavioral Sciences and Humanities from two different subject areas to meet MTA.
## The number of Approved Electives will be based on the degree requirements of 60 credits and the choices made for General Education courses.
### The Approved Business Electives are BUSN 242 , and BUSN 253 , based on transfer institution requirements. See Academic Advisor.